McManus & Associates, a trusts and estates law firm, was formed in 1991 by John O. McManus to provide the high quality experience of the largest firms coupled with the intimacy and efficiency of a specialized boutique firm. Over 20 years later, McManus & Associates continues to earn its reputation for integrity, intellectual ability, efficiency, and enduring relationships.
Soon after its formation, McManus & Associates was awarded the legal industry’s highest rating “AV” for its legal ability and integrity within the profession. After 10 years of receiving its highest annual rating, Martindale Hubble awarded McManus & Associates membership into the National Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, reserved only for those attorneys that have consistently achieved the highest rating for capability and integrity.
Top-tier publications like the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Forbes regularly feature John McManus’s insights, strategies, and expertise in estate planning. The firm was awarded by AVENUE magazine the title “Legal Elite” for its estate planning and wealth transfer practice in the New York metropolitan area. Visit our Honors & Recognitions page to see more.
We also invite you to take advantage of our educational conference call series:
- March 2013: “‘These are a few of my favorite things’ – Top 10 Considerations when Planning for Tangible Personal Property”
- January 2013: “Post-Fiscal Cliff Estate Planning – Top 10 Next Steps in Light of the Deal”
- December 2012: “Post-election planning and the ‘Fiscal Cliff’”
- November 2012: “President Obama’s Green Book — The Future of Estate Planning”
- October 2012: “Top 10 Considerations for Those in Retirement and Those Planning to Retire”
- September 2012: “Top 10 Planning Issues for Recently Emancipated Children (over 18) and Minors”
- August 2012: “Top 10 Topics on the $5MM Federal Gift Tax Exemption – Is It All Hype?”
- June 2012: “Preserving the Family Retreat: Top 10 Planning Strategies”
- May 2012: “Top 10 Estate Planning Issues for Divorcing and Remarrying Individuals”
- March 2012: “Top 10 Planning Issues for Non-U.S. Citizens including U.S. Residents with Overseas Assets”
- February 2012: “Top 10 Ideas to Discuss with Your Financial Advisors Now”
McManus & Associates is widely recognized for its representation of the busiest and most demanding individuals in the fields of investment banking, hedge funds, private equity, and the highest levels of academia. In 2011, the firm’s rigorous teamwork approach to efficiency awarded it the “10 Great Entrepreneurial Places to Work” by New York Enterprise Report.
Many clients seek and enjoy our emphasis on a lifelong relationship with McManus & Associates, as 2011 marks the firm’s 20th anniversary. Longevity and endurance have rich roots at the firm: while John O. McManus has enjoyed 20 years in practice with the firm, his father John B. McManus approaches his 60th anniversary within his own profession. To better focus on protecting these relationships, the firm created the 10-Step Wealth and Family Values Protection Process™, a multi-staged method that begins with the firm’s team ensuring that the client’s wishes and intent are fully integrated into the final product.
See us in: