A significant opportunity presented by Uncle Sam, portability was first introduced as part of Tax Relief Unemployment Reauthorization and the Job Creation Act of 2010. It was scheduled to sunset on December 31, 2012 but was made permanent with passage of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. McManus & Associates, a top-rated estate planning law firm with offices in New York and New Jersey, today released the “Top 10 Possibilities of Portability.” Part of the firm’s Educational Focus Series, the discussion was led by Founding Principal and AV-rated Attorney John O. McManus, who shared guidance on transferring unused federal estate tax exemption amounts and the critical steps that must be taken to utilize this important estate and income tax tool.
- Conference Call: Top 10 Planning Opportunities to Consider Before 2021
- Conference Call: What Tax and Estate Planning Must You Be Prepared to Implement Before December 31st
- Conference Call: What you need to know about the SECURE Act
- Conference Call: Five Estate Planning Additions to Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Conference Call: Top 10 Estate and Tax Planning Issues in the News