McManus & Associates Honored as “Boutique Firm of the Year” Finalist for STEP Private Client Awards
John O. McManus also named “Advisor You Need To Know” in The New York Enterprise Report (NYER) Accountant & Attorney Awards
NEW YORK, NY – July 24, 2013 – McManus & Associates is the only American law firm that has been named a finalist for the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Private Client Awards 2013/2014 in the “Boutique Firm of the Year” category, the firm announced today. STEP is an invitation-only professional association for worldwide leading practitioners dealing with family inheritance and succession planning. It has 18,500 members across 80 jurisdictions from a broad range of professional backgrounds.
The STEP Private Client Awards “highlight excellence among private client solicitors/attorneys, accountants, barristers, bankers, trust managers and financial advisors.” The successful criteria for finalists includes:
- Demonstrate excellence over the past year, taking into account significant obstacles that have been overcome.
- Demonstrate consistent quality of work over the past year.
- Demonstrate excellent client service building on-going relationships aligned with the interests of clients in a transparent and cost effective manner, and where appropriate, bespoke.
- Demonstrate excellence in leadership, including a clear vision for the future.
- Demonstrate excellence in technical skills and a qualified team with support for on-going continual professional development and education.
- Where applicable, demonstrate innovation and involvement in interesting, challenging or new areas of practice.
- Demonstrate conflict management by differentiating itself from its competitors and exploiting opportunities.
- Demonstrate a broader contribution to the profession – contribution to wider social responsibility, including support for good causes and maintaining high standards of staff treatment.
- Demonstrate staff retention and explanation for its achievement and maintenance.
The Awards judges have assessed entries and shortlisted up to five finalists worldwide. The Awards ceremony will take place on September 18, 2013 in London.
John O. McManus, founding principal of McManus & Associates, was also recently chosen for The New York Enterprise Report’s (NYER) “Accountant & Attorney Awards: The Advisors You Need To Know,” presented by Citibank. This is the fourth year that the newly revamped program has recognized top business advisors in the New York Tri-State Area. According to the NYER, “accountants and attorneys are consistently considered among the most impactful advisors for business owners. This program celebrates the accountants and attorneys who have made an outstanding impact in helping their clients succeed.”
The advisors are highlighted in a special editorial section within the July/August 2013 issue of The New York Enterprise Report magazine, as well as on nyreport.com. The top accountants and attorneys were announced at a networking reception on June 19, 2013 at the Citi Executive Conference Center.
To see additional awards that McManus & Associates has been grateful to receive, visit the firm’s Honors & Recognitions page: http://mcmanuslegal.com/about-us/honors-and-recognitions/.
# # #
About McManus & Associates
McManus & Associates, a trusts and estates law firm, was formed in 1991 by John O. McManus to provide the highest quality experience of the largest firms coupled with the intimacy and efficiency of a specialized boutique firm. Over 20 years later, McManus & Associates continues to earn its reputation for integrity, intellectual ability, efficiency, and enduring relationships through its signature 10-Step Wealth and Family Values Protection Process™.
For more information contact: